2017 Annual Run Results and Pictures!
Thank you to everyone who came out and participated or volunteered. We’d love to see you all again next year.
2017 Annual Run for the Stayton Police K9
Sign up today! This year’s race is April 1, 2017 at 9am. (Please note the new time.)
Annual Run Results: 2016
4th Annual Run: April 2, 2016
- March 19th: Tech Shirt Cut-off (Register by this day to get yours.)
- April 1st: Packet pickup from 11am-7pm (At the gym: Where to Start Fitness 370 N 2nd Ave Stayton.
- April 2nd: Health Fair Starts at 9am (For dogs and people!)
- April 2nd: Walk/Run starts at 11am
Join us for our fourth annual walk/run supporting the Stayton Police Department’s K9 Program. This is a dog friendly race for friendly dogs, although you don’t have to bring one to participate. Our courses are beginner to intermediate in level and include street and trail running.
Your entry fee is benefiting a great local cause in the Stayton community. Walk or Run the 5k or 9k. We will have prizes for the top three finishers in each distance. We have lots of sponsors providing prizes, raffles and items for the first 300 registrant’s goodie bags. Our tech shirts are stylish and fun. (Register before March 19th to make sure you get one!) This has consistently been a fun event year after year. We take the feedback from each year to make the next one better.
Join us for the local health fair for dogs and humans from 9am to 1pm race day.
Packet Pickup: Friday, April 1st, 2016 from 11:00am-7:00pm. Saturday, April 2nd from 9:00-1:00pm. Packets not picked up by May 1st, 2016 are forfeit.
Children are welcome. If they are old enough to walk or run it, then please register them. Strollers are allowed, but keep in mind that there are some narrow or muddy places on the trail parts.
All dogs will require proof of rabies vaccination and will be kept on a leash. No flexi-leads (extension leashes). Only one (1) dog per human. No aggressive dogs or dogs in heat. Clean up after your dogs.
Tech Shirts are included with your registration only when you register by March 19th, 2016.
2015 K9 Run
Thank you everyone who came out and supported our K9 Run this year. It was a beautiful day and a fun event. We look forward to seeing all of you again next year, April 2, 2016. Mark your calenders.
We unfortunately were not able to have chip timing this year as we had wanted and planned for. Therefore, the timing was done by hand. Thank you all for your patience as we needed time to enter the data into the computer.
2015 K9 Run info:
- April 4, 2015 at 11:00am
- 5K or 9K route
- Walk or run on street and trails. (5K is mostly trails)
- We have chip timing this year!
- Option to bring your own canine. (Well-behaved dogs only please.)
- Health expo for dogs and humans from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
- Day of race registration from 9:00am-11:00am.
- First 300 registrants will get a goodie bag.
- $20 Registration includes a tech t-shirt when you register by March 20th, 2015.
- Packets may be picked up Friday, April 3th, 2015 from 11:00am-7:00pm at the Where to Start gym or day of the race starting at 9:00am.
- Benefits the Stayton Police Department’s K9 Program
2015 K9 Run Sponsors:
- Where to Start Fitness
- Parsons Design
- Focus Heating
- Santiam Hospital
- Stayton Tax Service & Bookkeeping
- PT Northwest
- Boldt Carlisle & Smith
- Stayton Dairy Queen
- Stayton ARCO
- NW Preferred Federal Credit Union
- North Santiam Funeral Service
- Dave Valencia – State Farm Insurance
- Harold Wolf & Son Insurance
- Tan Republic -Stayton
- Power Yamaha
- Anytime Fitness – Stayton
- Les Schwab Tire Centers
- Roths – Stayton
- Safeway – Stayton
- Stayton Animal Supply
- Stayton Veterinary Hospital
- D’Tail Pet Grooming
- Gallagher Fitness
- Sweet Papaya
Here are a few of the things we thought of to change for next year:
- Course maps – we had some last minute changes in the course maps. We didn’t feel that it was fair to send out a course map that we would be revising. But we will most likely have the same courses next year. We will post the maps soon and have some available on site the day of the event, too.
- We will have more volunteers and arrow signs on the course rather than just the path markings.
- We hope to have medals for our runners next year.
- We will have a few mile markers on the course, at least for the 9K run.
- We will have bottled water and dog water bowls at the finish line.
- We are going to stagger the start by a whole minute and have a v-shaped corral to help you have more space right from the beginning.
- There is a good possibility that we will have a chip-timing system donated for us next year! Fingers crossed.
Register for next year’s run now for only $18 ($2 off) until May 8th, 2014.
Join Where to Start’s 3rd K9 run supporting the Stayton Police’s K9 unit.
Where to Start Fitness
Stayton Animal Supply
Focus Heating and Construction